- Order number: EWC1002
Lotus Clean Shock is a cleaning agent based on C2Oxide. It is five times stronger than chlorine. Lotus Clean Shock reliably kills germs, bacteria and legionella.
Treating the water with conventional disinfectants such as chlorine or bromine initially makes the bacteria harmless. After a certain time, however, a large amount of legionella and other bacteria becomes apparent once again. The cause of this is the so-called biofilm.
The biofilm serves as a “refuge and sanctuary” and protects the bacteria from the disinfectant. Lotus Clean Shock is the only disinfecting product that penetrates the biofilm and destroys the polysaccharides (complex sugars) contained therein.
A shock treatment is necessary:
- After initially filling the Whirlpool.
- If the water is not crystal clear.
- If the water smells unpleasant.
- If you have greasy deposits on the walls of the whirlpool.
- If the water was heavily polluted by a “whirlpool party”.
- Periodically, when using disinfectants such as chlorine, bromine, active oxygen, etc.
It is also possible to disinfect the spa with Lotus Clean Shock only. This is recommended, for example, for wooden hot tubs without a filter system.
Very important note !
Lotus Clean Shock is a mixture of substances that permanently produce oxygen. This oxygen is discharged through a degassing cap so that no high pressure builds up in the bottle. During horizontal transport and high temperatures, overpressure can occur and Shock can escape. For this reason, we have also placed Shock in a plastic bag for safety.
If Shock has leaked from the bottle, you can still use it. It is still 100% effective. Carefully remove the bottle from the bag and rinse it with water. Caution: The product is strongly bleaching. Do not let it get on furniture, floors or clothes as this can cause bleach stains and holes.
Never store lying down! This leads to overpressure in the bottle and leakage of the Shock.
How to perform a shock treatment?
Add 50 ml of Lotus Clean Shock for every 1000 liters of water. Keep the pump running with the addition of Lotus Clean Shock to ensure better mixing. It is important that Shock can work for at least 8 hours. (If it works for less than 8 hours, there may still be bacteria and dirt in the whirlpool).
You can control the concentration of the Shock with the Lotus Clean Test Stripes. After 8 hours the test strips should still show at least 0.3 - 0.5 ppm concentration. If there is no more Shock in the water before the 8 hours have elapsed, repeat the shock treatment.
Important: These values refer to 37 degrees Celsius warm water. With colder water, Shock degrades slower.
If Shock still degrades too quickly after the second use, this may indicate heavy soiling with a lot of biofilm in the pipes. Carry out an Shock Intensive cleaning. The instructions can be found on our website.
If this also does not help, you will have to carry out an intensive cleaning. You can also find all information about it on our website.
How do you measure Shock?
You can measure the concentration of Lotus Clean Shock with the Lotus Clean Test Stripes.
Are you allowed to go into the whirlpool when Lotus Clean Shock is in the water?
The concentration of Lotus Clean Shock should not exceed 5 ppm. Skin irritations are possible at higher concentrations.
Shock as additional cleaner for "problematic" whirlpools
Problematic whirlpools are spas with insufficient filtration, e.g. inflatable whirlpools or wooden whirlpools (hot tubs). When using Lotus Clean, sufficient filtration (at least 6 hours a day) and clean filters are crucial factors for success. For some spas, the filter life cannot be adjusted - this can lead to greasy deposits and turbidity. In these cases, shock treatment can be performed regularly as needed.
After the successful shock treatment, wait until there is no longer any Lotus Clean Shock in the water. Then add the usual amount of Lotus Clean to the water (40 ml to 60 ml).
You can also add 20 ml to 40 ml Lotus Clean Shock to the water after each bath. The amount depends on the number of people who have been in the spa. In addition, add approx. 20 to 60 ml Lotus Clean once a week. With this procedure you use the advantages of both systems: Lotus Clean Shock is a fast-acting oxidizing agent which decomposes after a short time, Lotus Clean is a slow and continuous, skin-friendly water care and cleaning agent.
Lotus Clean Shock as sole disinfectant
Lotus Clean Shock can also be used as sole disinfectant without Lotus Clean Basic, e.g. for hot tubs without a filter system or hot tubs made of wood. After using the spa, add 20 ml Shock per person to the water. Since Shock has no depot effect, when the spa is not in use, you should add 15 ml Lotus Clean Shock to the water at least every three days. Make sure that the dosage of Lotus Clean Shock does not fall below 0.3 ppm.
Shock as an odour neutralizer
Lotus Clean Shock can destroy aroma molecules. By adding 10 to 20 ml Shock to 1000 litres of water you can also refresh bad smelling water.
Lotus Clean Shock as a shock disinfectant with other disinfection types
Since most types of disinfectants (chlorine, bromine, active oxygen) allow the growth of biofilm, it is recommended that a shock treatment with Lotus Clean Shock be performed regularly. This not only eliminates the biofilm, but also any residual disinfectant, thus significantly improving the water quality.
Lotus Clean Shock loses about 8% of its effectiveness every month and can be kept for a maximum of 1 year. It should be stored in a cool and dark place. The indicated amounts should then be increased to compensate for the diminishing effectiveness after the expiration date. There is a label with the date of expiration on the bottom of each bottle.
|Category Watercare:||Water Cleansing & Desinfection|
|H290||Kann gegenüber Metallen korrosiv sein.|
|H302 + H312 + H332||Gesundheitsschädlich bei Verschlucken, Hautkontakt oder Einatmen|
|H314||Verursacht schwere Verätzungen der Haut und schwere Augenschäden.|
|H400||Sehr giftig für Wasserorganismen.|
|EUH031||Entwickelt bei Berührung mit Säure giftige Gase.|
|EUH206||Achtung! Nicht zusammen mit anderen Produkten verwenden, da gefährliche Gase (Chlor) freigesetzt werden können.|
|P102||Darf nicht in die Hände von Kindern gelangen.|
|P260||Staub/Rauch/Gas/Nebel/Dampf/Aerosol nicht einatmen.|
|P264||Nach Gebrauch die Hände gründlich waschen.|
|P301 + P330 + P331||BEI VERSCHLUCKEN: Mund ausspülen. KEIN Erbrechen herbeiführen.|
|P303 + P361 + P353||BEI BERÜHRUNG MIT DER HAUT (oder dem Haar): Alle kontaminierten Kleidungsstücke sofort ausziehen. Haut mit Wasser abwaschen oder duschen.|
|P305 + P351 + P338||BEI KONTAKT MIT DEN AUGEN: Einige Minuten lang behutsam mit Wasser spülen. Eventuell vorhandene Kontaktlinsen nach Möglichkeit entfernen. Weiter spülen.|
|P310||Sofort GIFTINFORMATIONSZENTRUM/Arzt anrufen.|
|P501||Inhalt / Behälter einer zugelassenen Abfallsammlung zuführen.|
Natriumhypochloritlösung 4,5-11,5 % Cl aktiv (CAS: 7681-52-9, EC: 231-668-3, Index-Nr.: 017-011-00-1)
Natriumchlorit (CAS: 7758-19-2, EC: 231-836-6)