Why is it so important that the Lotus Clean Shock content is measured daily in the first two weeks after filling the whirlpool and not later? And why is it only in the first two weeks that some Lotus Clean Shock must always be displayed when measuring?
Many whirlpools already have a biofilm or coating in the pipes. Even if they are new. This biofilm contains bacteria that multiply permanently. This means that the biofilm is growing. If you add Lotus Clean Basic to the water in this state, it covers the biofilm and seals it off from the water. The bacteria are enclosed and the water initially remains clean and clear. However, if the biofilm continues to grow, Lotus Clean Basic will at some point no longer be sufficient for water care and bacteria and dirt will enter the whirlpool tub water. The water becomes cloudy and dark greenish, foams, smells unpleasantly and slimy deposits can form on the edge of the tub. This often happens about four to eight weeks after the whirlpool tub has been filled. In order to remove the biofilm, a special basic cleaning must be carried out.
Lotus Clean Shock penetrates the biofilm and kills the bacteria there. It is used up in the process. If you add 50 ml Lotus Clean Shock to the water on the first day (not when bathing, because this falsifies the result) and can still measure a Shock content in the water the next day, this shows that there is little or no biofilm in the pipes. However, if you can no longer measure Lotus Clean Shock the next day, there is almost 100% certainty that there is biofilm in the pipes.
Lotus Clean Shock therefore kills the bacteria in the biofilm. Without bacteria, the biofilm can dissolve. The aim of the treatment with Lotus Clean Shock is to remove the biofilm from the pipes before it can grow. For this reason, there should always be enough Lotus Clean Shock in the water from the first two weeks after filling the whirlpool. This is achieved by increasing the quantity every day until you can measure a shock content in the water the next day. It is important that Lotus Clean Shock can act for 24 hours every day and destroy the biofilm. A measurable value of 0.5 to 2.0 mg/l is ideal. If possible, test the values with our test strips or also with the tablet measuring method DPD1. If you measure Lotus Clean Shock in the water the next day, you can slowly reduce the amount added. But to the extent that there is still a sufficient amount of Lotus Clean Shock in the water the next day.
If you add more than 100 ml Lotus Clean Shock per 1,000 litres of water to the whirlpool tub per day and cannot measure a shock content in the water the next day, you should contact us. In this case it would be advisable to carry out an intensive cleaning.
If you can measure a Shock content in the water the next day after two weeks when adding 50 ml Lotus Clean Shock per 1000 litres of water content, everything is fine. Now you can carry out the normal Shock dosage according to the water care instructions. With this dosage, you can no longer measure a Shock content in the water the next day. This is not necessary, because the main work is now done by Lotus Clean Basic.
You should always carry out the above procedure if you have problems with the water or if you are not sure whether everything is all right.