How do I measure the amount of Lotus Clean Shock with the Poollab photometer? Am I right in assuming that Lotus Clean Shock is measured as chlorine dioxide? If this is the case, my question would be up to which concentrations the water may be used or reused after application? The values in the Poollab are given in ppm for chlorine dioxide, but in mg/l with the Shock test strips in "Shock|ph" from my whirlpool supplier. When I added 65 ml Lotus Clean Shock to 1300 l water in my pool this morning, I had a value of 1.47 ppm ClO2 after half an hour with the Poollab photometer using the chlorine dioxide measuring method. With the test strips, the value was 0.3 mg/l. For both methods, the limits for use/reuse would be of great interest.
You can measure the Lotus Clean Shock with the Poollab photometer - as chlorine and as chlorine dioxide. You have to use the corresponding tablets. Normally a measurement with the "DPD No. 1" test tablets is sufficient.
As a maximum you can take 2.0 mg/l for both values. Up to this value you can use the whirlpool without hesitation. However, you can also continue to use the water until the value reaches 3.0 mg/l. However, the whirlpool water will then already smell a little of chlorine.
ppm and mg/l are the same units. In the USA ppm is used and in Europe mg/l. However, the Poollab photometer will always be more accurate than the test strips. So in your case you should trust the Poollab photometer.