LC013 -- Is Lotus Clean Shock a chemical or a biological agent for whirlpool water care?

Is Lotus Clean Shock a chemical or a biological agent for whirlpool water care? Are there any health hazards associated with its use?

Lotus Clean Shock is a chemical oxidizing agent. In that sense it works similarly to chlorine or bromine, for example. But unlike chlorine and bromine, it has no side-effects that are hazardous to health. That’s why the basic ingredient of Shock is also approved for disinfecting drinking water. And in Germany, drinking water is classified as a foodstuff and is therefore subject to the stringent German laws governing food.

When bromine or chlorine is used as an oxidizing agent, trihalomethanes are produced, as well as many other substances which have not yet been investigated. These substances are by-products produced when chlorine combines with amino acids (sweat, organic products). Trihalomethanes can also cause cancer and damage foetuses, which is why chlorinated water should be avoided at all costs during pregnancy. All these new substances which are produced are known as chloramines or combined chlorine.

Lotus Clean Shock  does not combine with amino acids. Therefore it does not produce any trihalomethanes or other dangerous by-products either.

Unlike chlorine, Shock is also harmless to the organism. In order to understand this, one needs to know that the process of oxidation involves a removal of electrons. Chlorine and Shock as well are so-called ‘electron thieves’: they steal electrons from the bacteria, which subsequently die. Because it is the electrons that hold everything together. If you remove the electrons from an object, it disintegrates.

There are differing strengths of oxidation. To take oxygen as an example, it has an oxidizing strength of 1.3 volts. Aerobic and basic bacteria in the body are destroyed above a level of 1.45 volts. Nearly all the essential bacteria in the human body are aerobic bacteria. Aerobic means that they use oxygen to metabolise.

Chlorine, bromine and also ozone have an oxidizing strength above 1.45 volts. In the case of ozone it is 2.07 volts. They therefore destroy all bacteria. But what is good for water is not good for the human body. Each time we bath, the human body takes in several hundred millilitres of water through the skin. So bacteria on the skin and in the body are killed off. This also explains the prevalence of chlorine allergy – simply too many beneficial skin bacteria have been destroyed. This means that the skin can no longer effectively fulfil its function as the biggest detoxifying organ in the human body.

Lotus Clean Shock has an oxidizing strength of 0.95 volts. And all pathogenic bacteria which are anaerobic and acid also have an oxidizing strength of 0.95 volts. This means that pathogenic bacteria which cause diseases and metabolise without oxygen in an anaerobic environment are killed off by Shock. And only those bacteria. The aerobic bacteria so essential for the body are not destroyed. Their oxidation potential is too high for Shock. So swallowing bathwater containing Lotus Clean Shock is not harmful to health.

Unlike chlorine, Shock is also effective against viruses and unicellular organisms. For this reason Lotus Clean Shock is highly effective against legionella.

Because Shock, unlike chlorine, removes 5 electrons at once from bacteria, their DNA is also destroyed. This means that bacteria cannot build up resistance against Shock. In the case of chlorine, bacteria can become resistant. The bacteria can wrap themselves in biofilms which they produce themselves, making them inaccessible to chlorine. Lotus Clean Shock speedily destroys these biofilms as well.

The fields marked with * are required.

I have read the data protection information.