Shock-AnorganicShock Treatment

Removing biofilm and deposits with Lotus Clean Shock and AnorganicShock

When is this method used?

  • If you know that you have biofilms and deposits in the water, but do not want to carry out an intensive cleaning at the moment.
  • After an intensive cleaning to remove possible not yet removed deposits (e.g. in the air lines of the nozzles).
  • If you have turbid water and despite lowering the pH below 7.0 and cleaning the filters, no improvement can be achieved.
  • If you have large foam bubbles on the surface of the water caused by residues of creams, detergents and cosmetics.
  • When the water smells musty or unpleasant.
  • If there are slippery deposits on the whirlpool sides.
  • If the water has a darker greenish colour.

How to use?

  • The Shock value is permanently kept between 0.6 and 2.0 mg/l.
  • At the beginning you give 40 ml Lotus Clean Shock and 20 ml AnorganicShock (AnorganicShock is a powder. Nevertheless, measure 20 ml with the measuring cup that comes with every bottle of Lotus Clean Shock.)
  • The next day you measure the shock value with the SpaBalancer Test Stripes. If the value is below 0.6 mg/l, repeat the addition. The amount can be increased or decreased individually. Important: Always add twice as much UltraShock as AnorganicShock to the water.
  • Adjust the pH value to 6.5 to 6.8. It should never be above 7.0.
  • If the water quality does not improve (cloudy, foamy, unpleasantly musty and/or smelling of chlorine) then double or triple the quantities added until the water quality improves. (During this time you cannot take a bath.)
  • Even if the Test Stripes show a high level and the water remains cloudy and frothy and the high level does not drop, the addition must be repeated and increased.
  • During the time in which you always measure 0.6 to 2.0 mg/l Shock content in water, you do not need to add Lotus Clean Basic to the water.
  • If the water quality does not improve within two weeks, an intensive cleaning must be carried out.

Warning note:
Due to the high dosage of the AnorganicShock, discoloration can occur in the plastic of the cushions, nozzles, filters and other plastic parts. If possible, remove the cushions. Close the insulation cover at the earliest 10 minutes after adding the agents. We do not guarantee for possible damages.

FAQ Shock-AnorganicShock Treatment

Can the whirlpool be used during this treatment?

Yes, up to a shock content of 3.0 mg/l you can go into the water.

Is the low pH value harmful?

No. It is not harmful. Neither to the skin, nor to the technique.

Do I have to add Lotus Clean Basic to the water during the time I add Lotus Clean Shock and AnorganicShock to the water?

No. That is not necessary.

Do I have to drain the water after the treatment?
Normally you do not need to drain the water. If you have very hard water, a water change can be recommended because the AnorganicShock contains calcium. This calcium makes the water harder and it is therefore easier to get limestone in the pipes.

My water is clear but I have very strong foam. How long should I add Lotus Clean Shock and AnorganicShock to the water?

You put it into the water until the strong foam has disappeared and does not rebuild during use. Sometimes you can't get rid of the foam. This can be the case if only surfactants (adhesion promoter between oil and water - found in cosmetics and also in the filter cleaner) are left in the water. Then only a water change helps.

What does this cleaning do?

Deposits of limestone, fats, cosmetics and biofilms can settle in the pipes. Up to 99% of the bacteria in the whirlpool live in these deposits. The bacteria live in the deposits and permanently produce biofilm. The biofilm covers the deposits and protects the bacteria from disinfectants.

Lotus Clean Shock can penetrate biofilms and kill the bacteria in the deposits. This stops the permanent build-up of new bacteria. Shock can only destroy (oxidize) biofilms and oily deposits very poorly. The AnorganicShock can do this very well. It destroys biofilms and external deposits. This causes the formation of harmful chloramines. UltraShock can oxidize these chloramines very well. So the deposits and biofilms are destroyed from the outside and from the inside. And this is also the case in places where the cleaning agents do not work well during intensive cleaning. E.g. the air lines to the nozzles.

Because the pH value is adjusted to between 6.5 and 6.8, existing limestone dissolves and the AnorganicShock can work optimally. It works better with lower pH values below 7.0.

Warning: The AnorganicShock makes the water harder because it contains calcium. Therefore never let the pH rise above 7.0.

The fields marked with * are required.

I have read the data protection information.